The project target outcome is an integrative and modular ontology for establishing a common knowledge structure between all the first responders involved in an emergency, but being compliant with legacy international data formats exchanged in the European Union as long as being seamlessly integrated within current SOA-based Emergency Management Systems.
Detailed S/T objectives:
- O1: Designing a reference architecture and providing a general approach to solve interoperability problems in data exchange in current SOA-based Emergency Management Systems, addressing interdisciplinary environment when dealing with emergency management at a European level.
- O2: Designing and developing an integrative and modular interoperable data model. This objective may be split into two specific sub-objectives:
- O2.1: Designing and developing the core framework data model, common to every stakeholder involved in emergency management.
- O2.2: Designing and developing complementary transversal (spatial and temporal) & vertical (domain-specific) modules.
- O3: Analysing, designing and developing mediation techniques, a set of bridges, enabling a transparent to the user integration of the resulting data model within already-existing SOA-based Emergency Management Systems.
- O4: Defining, designing, developing and executing an specific implementation of the resulting technical approach. This will enable a validation pilot phase on actual environment, based on a representative scenario, in order to get feedback from end-users through the entities involved in the consortium, as well as evaluate project’s outcomes and their benefits to the European multicultural domain related to emergency management.